Great Sources of Protein
Some of my favorites
1. AdvoCare Muscle Gain Protein
2. Beef Jerky - One of the best choices for extra protein? Only about 70 calories in an ounce, and about 1 gram of fat, and 11 grams of protein. Most have too much salt, but you can find a healthy choices in the grocery store.
3. Egg Whites - One large egg white is 17 calories and cholesterol free and contains about 4 grams of protein. Toss 3 or 4 in a skillet to make a quick omelet with some peppers, diced tomatoes and onions for a quick meal.
4. Fruit and Cottage Cheese - High protein snack that taste GREAT! 2% less fat Cottage Cheese has 16 grams of protein and 102 calories and 2 grams of fat. Mix it with diced apples or fresh peaches. There ya GO!
5. Tuna - 25 grams of protein in a can of water!!!!!! PERFECT. 111 calories and is fat-free. You can make a sandwich with plain greek yogurt and keep it under 200 calories.
6. Protein Bars - Too many to list, but here are my favorites. AdvoCare is one of my favorites, because I know what I'm getting in the bar.
AdvoCare Meal Replacement Bar
- 16 grams of protein to support metabolism and lean muscle during periods of calorie restriction
- Provides a balanced meal with just 215 calories
- Excellent source of vitamins A, C, D and E
- 18 vitamins and minerals
Another good source is Designer Whey Protein Bars: it can contain about 30 grams of protein and 6 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fat. Avoid bars high in carbohydrate and fat.
Posted on Wed, February 15, 2012
by David Thompson filed under